Support Streetfilms in 2012!
Dear Streetfilms fans,
Thanks to your help, Streetfilms is helping affect dramatic change in cities.
Whether you live in Chicago or Tokyo, Streetfilms’ mission is to bring the livable streets movement to you by making films that show the best in bicycling, transit, pedestrian infrastructure, and public spaces. And with your donation today, we can continue to help people make the change they want to see in their cities.
Help us raise $25,000 before December 31st by making a $50, $100, or even $250 donation today. We hear all the time from people that Streetfilms have transformed their lives and their cities. Streetfilms has helped make change in an awful lot of places this year:
- Our groundbreaking ten-part series "Moving Beyond the Automobile" explored solutions to the problems of automobile dependency. This popular series already reached 125,000 people through our free, online network and community screenings across the country.
- Our fun "My NYC Biking Stories" debuted at a time when cycling in New York City was under attack by the mainstream media. Streetfilms countered that by featuring diverse New Yorkers from every borough who love to bike.
- We traveled all over the U.S. and the world to bring livable streets best practices to our viewers from cities including Minneapolis, Guadalajara, Utrecht, Guangzhou, Seattle, Bogota and Chicago.- We debuted our "Streetfilms University" seminar as a way to educate and energize advocates to produce their own successful short films in their communities.
Your donation today will help us reach our ambitious goals for 2012:
- Produce four more episodes of our "Fixing the Great Mistake" series to show you how the automobile has caused great destruction to our planet, and the positive effects of sustainable and smart growth development. - Create a cutting edge series of films focusing exclusively on pedestrian issues in cities across the country.
- Bring 21s century livable streets issues to our viewers from cities such as Chicago, Vancouver, Gronigen, Los Angeles, Toronto and Mumbai.
- Be there to fully document the largest bike share program ever as it launches in NYC in mid-2012.
Streetfilms will keep rolling forward in 2012, and we hope you’ll do your part to support our work. Please make your donation today, and help us raise $25,000 by December 31st!
Clarence Eckerson Jr.
Make a secure online donation today, or mail a check made to OpenPlans (with Streetfilms in the memo line) 148 Lafayette St., PH, New York, NY 10013. Streetfilms is produced by OpenPlans, a 501c3 organization, and all donations are tax deductible. If you have questions about donations, please contact our Development Manager, Christa Orth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-388-9066.